segunda-feira, 24 de julho de 2017

Unexpected...

After all this time I still find weird to have that moment, that automatic empathy with people, that click that happens when you meet someone and, you know that you like her or him. I am not talking about a romantic click (although those happen too), I am talking about knowing that a person is somebody that you will like. For sure. Without any doubt...

I'll sing myself to sleep
A song from the darkest hour
Secrets I can't keep
Inside of the day
Swing from high to deep
Extremes of sweet and sour
Hope that God exists
I hope I pray

There aren't many of these people in my life, some of them I already lost along the way, to different countries, universities or just not enough time... but still there are some that are maintained, some that you just like because, the first time that our eyes met, there was just that smile blossoming in our lips, and the kinship is immediate.

Drawn by the undertow
My life is out of control
I believe this wave will bear my weight
So let it flow

Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy

To someone like me, this type of feeling is not found easily, since meeting new people is not easy or done lightly. But sometimes, even to shy and introverts is difficult to resist to the pull of this kind of chemistry with new people. Sometimes you end up with the most improbable of friends, either a major introvert or someone that is completely obnoxious to everyone except you... 

Now I'm relieved to hear
That you've been to some far out places
It's hard to carry on
When you feel all alone
Now I've swung back down again
It's worse than it was before
If I hadn't seen such riches
I could live with being poor
Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy

Those who feel the breath of sadness
Sit down next to me
Those who find they're touched by madness
Sit down next to me
Those who find themselves ridiculous
Sit down next to me
Love, in fear, in hate, in tears


And its so funny, that I have a knack for finding this people at the most weird and unexpected times. It  gets me always off guard and in places where I would not expect. People that suddenly become special, important, and that you know that they are here to stay, they will be part of you. Even if time or space proves to break you apart... 

Down
Down

Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy

Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy

Down


It still remains a mystery to me why would people enjoy my company and reciprocate this kind of kinship feeling... But alas, I am lucky, and these special people that enter my life in this kind of unexpected way, like me back. And make my life happier because of it.

Sem comentários: