segunda-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2008

Nothing like a little bit of real life to put things on perspective

There's nothing like a good dose of real life
to put things on perspective you know...

I was born to laugh
I learned to laugh through my tears
I was born to love
I'm gonna learn to love without fear

For us to understand what we really have,
the life we have to live.
And sometimes we loose important parts of it
because we think that what is missing is more important
than what we have...

Pour me a glass of wine
Talk deep into the night
Who knows what we'll find

Intuition, deja vu
The Holy Ghost haunting you
Whatever you got
I don't mind
Although it's a little cliché
i can say that i have a good life
sure it wasn't always kind to me,
but i have my family
and my friends,
i love my work,
and i have the ability to make new things for science
and become the scientist i want to be
[i think...]

Put your elbows on the table
I'll listen long as I am able
There's nowhere I'd rather be

Secret fears, the supernatural
Thank God for this new laughter
Thank God the joke's on me

What is missing,
well...
maybe it isn't quite as essential as i thought it was,

We've seen the landfill rainbow
We've seen the junkyard of love
Baby it's no place for you and me

comparing to some other people,
i am really a lucky girl.
Although sometimes life feels like
someones is running the dice against me
and i am loosing each and every one of them

I was born to laugh
I learned to laugh through my tears
I was born to love
I'm gonna learn to love without fear

But what the heck...
as long i have the spirit in me to go,
the music around me to hear,
the books with me to read,
the questions in my mind to answer,
the doubts of my path to trail
the warmth of my [old-really-new-ruined-but-still-ready-to-rumble] home to keep burning
the teachings of the people i love to learn,
and the fire of this world to carry on...

i think i'll manage...

i'll probably be doing alright...

Sem comentários: